Are you interested in publishing your natural history-related collections online?
Natural Europe sets up a cultural infrastructure to support the management of Natural History Museum digital collections.
The Natural Europe Cultural Environment (NECE) already deployed in the museums participating in the project allow for publishing, annotating and managing of Cultural Heritage Objects (CHOs).
Museum curators can:
- learn how to manage in a better and more efficient way their collections and exhibits, using the project’s annotation tools and services and taking into account the feedback and learning experiences of their visitors
- learn how to facilitate the search and retrieval of digital library objects related to Natural History, Environmental Education, and Biological Sciences, aiming to promote the discovery, understanding, responsible use and enjoyment of the natural world
- advance their knowledge and understanding in their fields of interest by learning how to use the Multimedia Authoring Tool to annotate and describe their resources (multimedia objects: images, videos, sounds, and texts or parts of them)
- have access to our training workshops where they will have the opportunity to be more involved and guided through our methodologies and tools with the of our experienced tutors
- learn how to use the project’s tools and services to co-operate with teachers/educators etc. in order to co-design their classrooms school visits to museums (using the Natural Europe Pathway Tool), so as to meet the needs of their student visitors
- learn how to develop adapted learning activities that will motivate pupils, taking into account teachers’ and pupils’ perceptions and experiences
- learn how to develop innovative new activities, using the tools offered by Natural Europe project, through which students can immerse themselves in interactive experiences, focusing on challenging concepts such as evolution.
One example of the interface is shown below: (screenshot)
If you are interested contact us here!